Nowadays most global enterprises have the future view on investment in emerging markets to gain not only a global market share, but long term success as well. Research by Global Intelligence Alliance in 2012 pointed out that 48% of US companies continuously expand their global footprint in emerging markets, especially in India (81%), Brazil (79%), China (71%), Russia (48%), Indonesia (26%), and Turkey (23%).
These emerging markets provide great potential for US companies in manufacturing, telecommunications, finance, retail, healthcare, automotive, and logistics/transportation services.
11 Ways to Utilize GIS for Emerging Markets
- Visualize current store and competitors’ distribution
- Visualize and analyze macro market and current hot zones
- Improve accurate market coverage analysis
- Data management for demographics, customers, and service areas
- Find new potential customers and markets
- Compare major competitors, markets, and territories
- Share visual maps and statistical data internally with project teams
- Identify and quantify potential sites for new stores
- Evaluate a potential site with a balanced scorecard system
- Improve the accurate estimation of market share after expansion
- Real-time monitoring in cloud GIS systems
In order for companies to gain global market share in emerging markets, they’ll need the help of a powerful GIS system and a team that understands how it can apply to their specific industries.